Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons why holiday home sales can be a great idea . . .
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Companies often move employees at the end of the year. And if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays. Relocation buyers are motivated, pre-qualified for financing, and “under the gun” to find their new home.
2. Purchasers that are looking for a home during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy. Everyone’s schedule is busier during the holidays, so “looky-loos” won’t be bothering you. Buyers who make an appointment to view your home during the holiday season want to find a home now!
3. You remain in control and can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. Go ahead and have those holiday gatherings at your beautifully decorated home! Realize you’ll have fewer showing appointments made during the holidays, but those appointments will be ready-to-buy prospects.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays. Holiday decorations tug at the heart strings. And don’t worry, if you find the right buyer in November or December, it’s likely you won’t have to pack and move before January.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller right now. This can mean a faster sale and a stronger sale price. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
6. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to increase in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
The Bottom Line . . . From a financial standpoint, holiday home selling can be a smart move.